Tightness in your lower back, abdominal, and/or hamstring muscles can worsen the pain along your sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back to your feet. Loosen and strengthen those muscle groups by performing these 3 easy stretches: 1. Scissor Hamstring Stretch - Tight hamstring muscles can pull on your pelvis and increase stress on your lower back1, which can irritate your sciatic nerve.
Blog | Stem Cell, PRP, Acupuncture in Queens & Long Island, New York
Loved ones of someone struggling with chronic pain can often feel helpless. This post explains what you can do to help a loved one get better. Chronic pain conditions do not only affect the individual who suffers from them, they have a knock-on effect on family and friends who watch their loved one struggle. Often it can be worrying and frustrating for loved ones who want to help but perhaps aren’t sure how to go about it and may feel helpless.
Severe sciatic nerve pain can make exercise seem impossible. But don't despair, these 3 tips can help get you up and keep you moving: 1. Stimulate Your Soft Tissues With Heat. Applying heat to your rear pelvis for 15 to 20 minutes prior to your exercise can help in the following ways:
-Improve blood flow. Heat therapy increases the temperature of tissues, causing blood vessels to dilate. Dilation of blood vessels improves the flow of blood, oxygen, and healing nutrients to your lower back.
Osteoarthritis (OA) remains to constitute a large burden to healthcare and negatively impact the quality of life; along with other conditions ranked as 11th highest contributors of global disability. The estimated prevalence of problematic hip/knee OA is approximately 242 million globally; 3.8% accounting for decreased quality of life (QoL) and societal burden.
When it comes to living with a chronic pain condition, self-care becomes even more vital. Let’s take a look at what self-care is, why it’s vital and how you can implement it. Self-care is so important for everyone; ensuring that you are prioritizing yourself and taking good care of yourself is vital, but it becomes even more important when you live with extra challenges like chronic pain conditions. This study shows that supporting patient self-care is recognized as a crucial factor in chronic illness care.
When back pain is caused by a spinal disc problem, the source of the pain is either from a nerve being irritated by a protruding disc, or from the disc itself. Differentiating between the two can cause confusion, as doctors may use a variety of terms to describe the problem, such as a slipped disc, protruding disc, pinched nerve, and/or degenerated disc.
Chronic low back pain affects 68% of adults older than the age 60 worldwide. Stem cell therapy has shown beneficial results as an alternative to conventional regimens in the management of degenerative disc disease (DDD). The objective of stem cell therapy is to restore the disc’s cellularity and minimization of the inflammatory response.
Why Sensory Processing? There is emerging research examining the relationship between chronic pain and sensory processing (Meredith et al. 2015; Clark et al. 2018). In my experience as an Occupational Therapist (OT), I have learned that rehabilitation professionals are beginning to explore the use of sensory treatment approaches when working with individuals living with chronic pain. Sensory integration therapy is typically used with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Sensory Processing Disorder but has been found to be helpful with other populations as well.
Does your back, arm, or leg pain seem to come and go, depending on what you're doing at the moment? This sign may indicate spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis happens when the bony openings for your spinal nerves (foramen) and/or the spinal cord (central canal) become narrow. This narrowing may compress your spinal cord and/or spinal nerves and can develop at various points along your spine. Spinal stenosis is a condition that's more likely to occur in people over 60 years of age and tends to worsen as the years add up.
The Implementation of Stem Cells in Neuropathic Pain Therapy - Chronic neuropathic pain (NP) is considered to be on the rise, especially with the increase in diabetes prevalence among the United States population. NP is pain that results subsequently from a lesion or disease affecting the somatosensory system. NP was described to have a prevalence of 3% to 17% of the adult life population. Overall, 20% to 25% of all chronic pain is associated with NP.
Love this Post? Spread the World